LGBTOUT Annual General Meeting and Winter 2013 Election
Attendance: Adam, Corey, Doug, Dylan, Hardeep, Kayla, Matthew, Patrick, Rayston, Rochelle, Ricky, Ryan, Sophia
- Quorum was reached with Doug, Dylan, Matthew, Ricky, Rochelle, and Ryan present.
- We went around the table and had people say their names, preferred pronouns, and reasons for being at the meeting.
- The agenda was finalized.
- Candidate Statements and Voting
- Matthew, the Chief Returning Officer, read the description for each executive position and had the person(s) running for each position make a statement about their candidacy.
- Cathie, the running candidate for the position of Volunteer Coordinator, was absent, so Matthew read her statement.
- An initial voting session took place.
- The date, time, and location information for additional voting sessions was announced:
i. March 4: 10-11 am
ii. March 5: 4-5 pm
iii. March 6: 11 am to 12 pm
iv. March 7: 3-5 pm
Each session will take place at the LGBTOUT Drop-In Centre, which is located in the archway of Sir Daniel Residence (73 St. George Street).
- The results will be made available for Friday morning.
- Queer Ball
- Rochelle provided an update on Queer Ball. Posters (about 100) have been distributed, mainly in residences. The theme is red and gold and masquerade. Tickets are available at U of T Tix. Volunteers are needed to help set up decorations. Executives must stay until the end of the event to help clean up. Nametags have been requested and will be reimbursed.
- Doug suggested that we do another Meet n’ Greet. Ricky said that that would not be a good idea and that we should focus on transitioning over the next few weeks.